This position is ultimately responsible for the successful completion of a construction project: safety built as designed, within budget and schedule. A Fourth Elm Senior Project Manager will manage the comprehensive project “life cycle”, from project’s initial budget/estimate to project closeout. A Fourth Elm project manager is also expected to maintain and grow strong working relationships with prospective client, current clients, subcontractors, vendors and suppliers.As with all Fourth Elm team members, the project manager is expected to, as needed, work outside of the identified roles & responsibilities to support another team member:
Roles & Responsibilities
- Strategic Business Development/Client Relationship Management.
- Oversee staff while helping develop growth from within the company.
- Provide estimating/preconstruction support when needed.
- Analyze project information, design and construction scope, to develop a preconstruction strategy for project.
- Develop bid invite list.
- Develop subcontractor scope packages and manage distribution of information to subcontractors.
- Coordinate and conduct prebid meeting(s).
- Prepare project schedule/duration information.
- Evaluate key logistical constraints to project success, including site logistics, constructability review, access, etc.
- Evaluate subcontractor/vendor bids, review scope.
- Prepare and present preconstruction proposal estimate to owner.
- Negotiate agreements with subcontractors/vendors and execute subcontracts with subcontractors/vendors.
- Develop project handoff package to field and accounting staff.
- Input project information into accounting software and other systems.
- Conduct construction “kick-off” meeting with Fourth Elm construction team.
- Conduct construction “kick-off” meeting with project subcontractors, as needed.
- Initiate jobsite mobilization.
- Facilitate meetings with project team (Fourth Elm field superintendent, subcontractors/vendors) to coordinate on-going coordination
- Supervise all project jobsite staff; ensure adequate manpower is in place.
- Maintain detailed project schedule; coordinate and sequence work in accordance with schedule.
- Manage jobsite safety plan; set “standard” for jobsite safety culture.
- Manage RFI/submittal process, including coordination between owners, design staff and subcontractors.
- Manage/update project cost and projected costs.
- Manage monthly subcontractor pay application approval process.
- Manage monthly project invoice process.
- Facilitate change management process.
- Manage communication process with owner, design team and subcontractors; this includes scheduled project meetings.
- Coordinate/communicate with code officials.
- Close out all subcontractor/vendor accounts, lien waiver and warranty forms.
- Facilitate final project walk-through with ownership/client and Fourth Elm field staff.
- Coordinate production of close-out manuals (with office support).
Project Manager’s Tools:
- Company Vehicle Allowance.
- Laptop Computer.
- Cell Phone (and Wireless Card as needed).
- Company Fuel Card.
- Company Credit Card (as needed)
- DropBox Business Account for shared company files.
- Fourth Elm Email Address.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the construction industry.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree.
- Deep understanding of commercial construction, constructability and estimating.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills to resolve field issues with subcontractor, design team and/or owner.
- Strong decision making ability.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of building codes, regulations, standards, best practices and performance standards.
- OSHA 10 hour required.
- Sage 100 experience preferred.
About Fourth Elm Construction
Fourth Elm is a full-service commercial construction company managing the construction process from conception to close-out. Fourth Elm leverages its extensive retail, automotive and mixed-use project experience to serve our clients’ needs through all phases and types of construction. Please visit www.fourthelm.com for more information.
To apply, send your resume to John Martin at [email protected]