Fourth Elm Construction is a commercial General Contractor serving clients across NC, SC, VA, and TN. All Fourth Elm staff members serve as an integral player to the Fourth Elm team. Fourth Elm’s guiding principle is to serve owners and clients as a team. We will support one another, and our success will be defined by our team.
Senior Estimator, Preconstruction
Roles & Responsibilities May Include:
- Work with the Business Developer, Project Manager and Superintendent to develop a preconstruction plan, estimate and schedule.
- Organize, track and distribute all preconstruction related information such as drawings, specifications, schedules, addenda, clarifications, etc.
- Effectively plan for safety activities that will be required during construction.
- Work with the Project Manager and Superintendent to review subcontractor scope and sequencing to ensure accurate proposals are obtained.
- Ensure adequate subcontractor pricing coverage is obtained on all projects by developing and maintaining relationships within the subcontractor community.
- Review drawings and specifications to confirm the proper scope of work is priced.
- Coordinate preconstruction site visits as required to provide accurate pricing.
- Provide accurate material take-offs and unit pricing for all projects.
- Provide detailed, accurate and organized estimate packages to the Project Manager and Superintendent when projects have been awarded.
- Communicate effectively with the Designers, Tenants, Owners and Fourth Elm team.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other estimators and assistant estimators on the team including review of estimates as needed.
- 5+ years of estimating and preconstruction experience in general commercial construction.
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent combination of education/experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- CAD experience preferred.
To apply, send your resume to [email protected]