Roles & Responsibilities
– Analyze project information, design and construction scope, to develop a preconstruction strategy for project.
– Develop bid invite list.
– Develop subcontractor scope packages and manage distribution of information to subcontractors.
– Coordinate and conduct prebid meeting(s).
– Prepare project schedule/duration information.
– Evaluate key logistical constraints to project success, including site logistics, constructability review, access, etc.
– Evaluate subcontractor/vendor bids, review scope.
– Prepare and present preconstruction proposal estimate to owner.
– Negotiate agreements with subcontractors/vendors and execute subcontracts with subcontractors/vendors.
– Develop project handoff package to field and accounting staff.
– Input project information into accounting software and other systems.
– Conduct construction “kick-off” meeting with Fourth Elm construction team.
– Conduct construction “kick-off” meeting with project subcontractors, as needed.
– Initiate jobsite mobilization.
– Facilitate meetings with project team (Fourth Elm field superintendent, subcontractors/vendors) to coordinate on-going coordination
– Supervise all project jobsite staff; ensure adequate manpower is in place.
– Maintain detailed project schedule; coordinate and sequence work in accordance with schedule.
– Manage jobsite safety plan; set “standard” for jobsite safety culture.
– Manage RFI/submittal process, including coordination between owners, design staff and subcontractors.
– Manage/update project cost and projected costs.
– Manage monthly subcontractor pay application approval process.
– Manage monthly project invoice process.
– Facilitate change management process.
– Manage communication process with owner, design team and subcontractors; this includes scheduled project meetings.
– Coordinate/communicate with code officials.
– Close out all subcontractor/vendor accounts, lien waiver and warranty forms.
– Facilitate final project walk-through with ownership/client and Fourth Elm field staff.
– Coordinate production of close-out manuals (with office support).
Project Manager’s Tools:
– Company Vehicle Allowance.
– Laptop Computer.
– Cell Phone (and Wireless Card as needed).
– Company Fuel Card.
– Company Credit Card (as needed).
– DropBox Business Account for shared company files.
– Fourth Elm Email Address.
– Minimum 5 years experience in the construction industry.
– 4-year bachelors degree.
– Deep understanding of commercial construction, constructability and estimating.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong negotiation skills to resolve field issues with subcontractor, design team and/or owner.
– Strong decision making ability.
– Demonstrated leadership ability.Time management skills.
– Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
– Strong knowledge of building codes, regulations, standards, best practices and performance standards.
– OSHA 10 hour required.
– Sage 100 experience preferred.
About Fourth Elm Construction
Fourth Elm Construction is a commercial General Contractor based in the Piedmont-Triad region of North Carolina, serving clients across North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee. We are a construction company dedicated and focused on our client construction goals; along the way, we improve the built environment and build meaningful relationships within the communities we serve.
To apply, send your resume to [email protected]