Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage and organize all project related information during the preconstruction phase of the project.
- Work with the project owner, designers, Fourth Elm Business Development team, Fourth Elm Project Managers (when applicable) and Fourth Elm Estimators to develop a wholistic preconstruction plan, budgets, estimates and schedule.
- Assist and participate in business development by creating new client relationships, maintaining existing client relationships, and participating in presentations to potential clients.
- When applicable, manage the design team to prepare a design that meets the owner’s requirements, schedule and budget.
- Organize, track and distribute all preconstruction related information such as drawings, specifications, schedules, addenda, clarifications, etc.
- When required, provide high level and preliminary budgetary information to owners and designers based on historical data, experience and subcontractor input.
- Effectively plan for safety activities that will be required during construction.
- Work with the Estimator, Project Manager and Superintendent to review subcontractor scope and sequencing to ensure accurate proposals are obtained.
- Ensure adequate subcontractor pricing coverage is obtained on all projects by developing and maintaining relationships within the subcontractor community.
- Understand drawings and specifications to confirm the proper scope of work is priced.
- Coordinate preconstruction site visits as required to provide accurate pricing.
- Ensure accurate material take-offs and unit pricing for all projects.
- Work with the Estimator to provide detailed, accurate and organized estimate packages to the Project Manager and Superintendent when projects have been awarded.
- Communicate effectively with the Designers, Tenants, Owners and Fourth Elm team.
- When required, perform the job tasks of the Fourth Elm Estimator.
- Assist Project Management in preparation of subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Track awarded contracts as required. May include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit, procuring materials, etc.
- 4-year technical degree or equivalent combination of education/experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations. Can multi-task and prioritize.
About Fourth Elm Construction
Fourth Elm Construction is a commercial General Contractor based in the Piedmont-Triad region of North Carolina, serving clients across North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee. We are a construction company dedicated and focused on our client construction goals; along the way, we improve the built environment and build meaningful relationships within the communities we serve.
To apply, send your resume to Knox Zealy at [email protected]