Facility Services Foreman
Roles & Responsibilities
- Enforce corporate safety policies on the jobsite, providing key responsibility for safety compliance in the field.
- Implement proactive pre-task safety and execution planning for all work activities before they begin on site.
- Conduct maintenance of electrical systems.
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with healthy and safety regulations.
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality.
- Inspect and quickly schedule repairs when needed for alarm systems such as carbon dioxide and fire protection.
- Assist the Superintendent to maintain the project schedule and manage work in accordance with the schedule.
- Communicate effectively with the Superintendent, Project Manager, Designers, Tenants, and Owners.
- Effective timely resolution of conflicts and disputes to minimize delays and claims.
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocols.
- Basic understanding of general maintenance processes and methods.
- Experienced in operating a variety of equipment and small hand tools.
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent manual dexterity and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills to resolve field issues with subcontractor, design team and/or owner. Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
About Fourth Elm Construction
Fourth Elm is a full-service commercial construction company managing the construction process from conception to close-out. Fourth Elm leverages its extensive retail, automotive and mixed-use project experience to serve our clients’ needs through all phases and types of construction. Please visit www.fourthelm.com for more information.
To apply, send your resume to Justin Poe and [email protected]