Location: Kernersville, NC
Job Status/Type: Full Time Employee
Category: Construction Project Management
Contact: Heather Miller
Email: [email protected]
This document serves to identify the Roles, Responsibilities and Qualifications of the Fourth Elm Assistant Project Manager position. All Fourth Elm staff members serve as an integral player to the Fourth Elm team. Fourth Elm’s guiding principle is to serve owners and clients as a team. We will support one another, and our success will be defined by our team.
This position is ultimately responsible for aiding the Project Management and Preconstruction departments. A detailed description of responsibilities is below.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Enforce corporate safety policies on the jobsite, providing key responsibility for safety compliance in the field
- Implement proactive pre-task safety and execution planning for all work activities before they begin on site
- Monitor performance and coordinate work to maintain productivity of trades, ensuring adequate manpower for work in place
- Maintain detailed project scheduling
- Assist in coordination and track material deliveries
- Communicate effectively with the Superintendent, Project Manager, Designers, Tenants, and Owners.
- Effective timely resolution of conflicts and disputes to minimize delays and claims
- Assist with organizing and tracking preconstruction related Information
- Assist with preconstruction plans, estimates and scheduling as needed
- Negotiate agreements with subcontractors/vendors and execute subcontracts with subcontractors/vendors
- Participate in “kick-off” meetings with construction team and project subcontractors
- Learn and develop skills required to become a Superintendent or Project Manager
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills to resolve field issues with subcontractor, design team and/or owner. Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Sage 100 experience preferred but no required
About Fourth Elm Construction
Fourth Elm is a full-service commercial construction company managing the construction process from conception to close-
out. Fourth Elm leverages its extensive retail, automotive and mixed-use project experience to serve our clients’ needs through all phases and types of construction. Please visit www.fourthelm.com for more information.