Facility Services Project Manager – Charlotte
Roles & Responsibilities
• Analyze project information, design and construction scope, to develop a preconstruction strategy for project.
• Develop bid invite list.
• Develop subcontractor scope packages and manage distribution of information to subcontractors.
• Coordinate and conduct Prebid meetings(s).
• Prepare project schedule/duration information.
• Evaluate key logistical constraints to project success, including site logistics, constructibility review, access, etc.
• Evaluate subcontractor/vendor bids, review scope.
• Prepare and Present preconstruction proposal estimate to owner.
• Negotiate agreements with subcontractors/vendors and execute subcontracts with subcontractors/vendors.
• Develop project handoff package to field and accounting staff.
• Input project information into accounting software and other systems.
• Conduct construction “kick-off” meeting with Fourth Elm construction team.
• Conduct construction “kick-off” meeting with project subcontractors, as needed.
• Initiate jobsite mobilization.
• Facilitate meeting with project team (Fourth Elm field crew, subcontractors/vendors) to coordinate on-going coordination.
• Supervise all project job site staff; ensure adequate manpower is in place.
• Maintain detailed project schedule; coordinate and sequence work in accordance with schedule.
• Manage job site safety plan; set “standard” for job site safety culture.
• Manage RFI/submittal process, including coordination between owners, design staff and subcontractors.
• Manage/update project cost and projected costs.
• Manage monthly subcontractor pay application approval process.
• Manage monthly project invoice process.
• Facilitate change management process.
• Manage communication process with owner, design team and subcontractors, this includes scheduled project meetings.
• Coordinate/communicate with code officials.
• Close out all subcontractor/vendor accounts, lien waiver and warranty forms.
• Facilitate final project walk-through with ownership/client and Fourth Elm field staff.
• Coordinate production of close-out manuals (with office support).
Project Manager’s Tools:
• Company Vehicle Allowance.
• Laptop Computer.
• Cell Phone (and wireless card as needed).
• Company Fuel Card.
• Company Credit Card (as needed)
• DropBox Business Account for shared company files.
• Fourth Elm Email Address.
• Minimum 2 years experience in construction industry.
• 4-year bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
• Deep understanding of commercial construction, constructibility and estimating.
• Strong negotiation skills to resolve field issues with subcontractor, design team and/or owner.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership ability.
• Time management skills.
• Strong knowledge of building codes, regulations, standards, best practices and performance standards.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• OSHA 10 hour required.
• Sage 100 experience preferred.
About Fourth Elm Construction
Fourth Elm is a full-service commercial construction company managing the construction process from conception to close-out. Fourth Elm leverages its extensive retail, automotive and mixed-use project experience to serve our clients’ needs through all phases and types of construction.