Roles & Responsibilities
• Work with the Business Developer, Project Manager and Superintendent to develop a preconstruction plan, estimate and schedule.
• Organize, track and distribute all preconstruction related information such as drawings, specifications, schedules, addenda, clarifications, etc.
• Effectively plan for safety activities that will be required during construction.
• Work with the Project Manager and Superintendent to review subcontractor scope and sequencing to ensure accurate proposals are obtained.
• Ensure adequate subcontractor pricing coverage is obtained on all projects by developing and maintaining relationships within the subcontractor community.
• Review drawings and specifications to confirm the proper scope of work is priced.
• Coordinate preconstruction site visits as required to provide accurate pricing.
• Provide accurate material take-offs and unit pricing for all projects.
• Provide detailed, accurate and organized estimate packages to the Project Manager and Superintendent when projects have been awarded.
• Communicate effectively with the Designers, Tenants, Owners and Fourth Elm team.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to other estimators and assistant estimators on the team including review of estimates as needed.
• 5+ years of estimating and preconstruction experience in general commercial construction.
• 2-year technical degree or equivalent combination of education/experience required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• CAD experience preferred.
About Fourth Elm Construction
Fourth Elm is a full-service commercial construction company managing the construction process from conception to close-out. Fourth Elm leverages its extensive retail, automotive and mixed-use project experience to serve our clients’ needs through all phases and types of construction.