Location: Kernersville, NC
Job Status/Type: Full Time Employee
Category: Construction Project Management
Contact: Justin Gibhardt, Partner
Email: [email protected] Phone: (336) 841-4356
This document serves to identify the Roles, Responsibilities and Qualifications of the Fourth Elm Assistant Project Manager position. All Fourth Elm staff members serve as an integral player to the Fourth Elm team. Fourth Elm’s guiding principle is to serve owners and clients as a team. We will support one another, and our success will be defined by our team.
This position is ultimately responsible for aiding the Project Managers to the successful completion of a construction project: safety built as designed, within budget and schedule. A Fourth Elm assistant project manager will assist the project manager during the comprehensive project “life cycle”, from project’s initial budget/estimate to project closeout. A Fourth Elm assistant project manager is also expected to maintain and grow strong working relationships with prospective client, current clients, subcontractors, vendors and suppliers. As with all Fourth Elm team members, the assistant project manager is expected to aid the project manager in all of the activities defined below:
Roles & Responsibilities
- Analyze project information, design and construction scope, to develop a preconstruction strategy for
- Develop bid invite
- Develop subcontractor scope packages and manage distribution of information to
- Coordinate and conduct prebid meeting(s).
- Prepare project schedule/duration
- Evaluate key logistical constraints to project success, including site logistics, constructability review, access,
- Evaluate subcontractor/vendor bids, review
- Prepare and present preconstruction proposal estimate to
- Negotiate agreements with subcontractors/vendors and execute subcontracts with subcontractors/vendors.
- Develop project handoff package to field and accounting
- Input project information into accounting software and other
- Conduct construction “kick-off” meeting with Fourth Elm construction
- Conduct construction “kick-off” meeting with project subcontractors, as needed.
- Initiate jobsite
- Facilitate meetings with project team (Fourth Elm field superintendent, subcontractors/vendors) to coordinate on-going coordination
- Supervise all project jobsite staff; ensure adequate manpower is in
- Maintain detailed project schedule; coordinate and sequence work in accordance with
- Manage jobsite safety plan; set “standard” for jobsite safety
- Manage RFI/submittal process, including coordination between owners, design staff and
- Manage/update project cost and projected
- Manage monthly subcontractor pay application approval
- Manage monthly project invoice
- Facilitate change management
- Manage communication process with owner, design team and subcontractors; this includes scheduled project
- Coordinate/communicate with code
- Close out all subcontractor/vendor accounts, lien waiver and warranty
- Facilitate final project walk-through with ownership/client and Fourth Elm field
- Coordinate production of close-out manuals (with office support).
Project Manager’s Tools
- Company Vehicle
- Cell Phone (and Wireless Card as needed).
- Company Fuel
- Company Credit Card (as needed)
- DropBox Business Account for shared company
- Fourth Elm Email
- Minimum 5 years experience in the construction industry
- 4-year bachelors
- Deep understanding of commercial construction, constructability and
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong negotiation skills to resolve field issues with subcontractor, design team and/or
- Strong decision making
- Demonstrated leadership
- Time management
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, and
- Strong knowledge of building codes, regulations, standards, best practices and performance
- OSHA 10 hour
- Sage 100 experience
About Fourth Elm Construction
Fourth Elm is a full-service commercial construction company managing the construction process from conception to close-
out. Fourth Elm leverages its extensive retail, automotive and mixed-use project experience to serve our clients’ needs through all phases and types of construction. Please visit www.fourthelm.com for more information.