Assistant Project Manager
Roles & Responsibilities May Include:
- Analyze project information, design and construction scope, to develop a preconstruction strategy for project.
- Develop bid invite list.
- Develop subcontractor scope packages and manage distribution of information to subcontractors.
- Coordinate and conduct prebid meeting(s).
- Prepare project schedule/duration information.
- Evaluate key logistical constraints to project success, including site logistics, constructability review, access, etc.
- Evaluate subcontractor/vendor bids, review scope.
- Prepare and present preconstruction proposal estimate to owner.
- Negotiate agreements with subcontractors/vendors and execute subcontracts with subcontractors/vendors.
- Develop project handoff package (via DROPBOX) to field and accounting staff.
- Input project information into accounting software and other systems.
- Conduct construction “kick-off” meeting with Fourth Elm construction team.
- Conduct construction “kick-off” meeting with project subcontractors, as needed.
- Initiate jobsite mobilization.
- Facilitate meetings with project team (Fourth Elm field superintendent, subcontractors/vendors) to coordinate on-going coordination
- Supervise all project jobsite staff; ensure adequate manpower is in place.
- Maintain detailed project schedule; coordinate and sequence work in accordance with schedule.
- Manage jobsite safety plan; set “standard” for jobsite safety culture.
- Manage RFI/submittal process, including coordination between owners, design staff and subcontractors.
- Manage/update project cost and projected costs.
- Manage monthly subcontractor pay application approval process.
- Manage monthly project invoice process.
- Facilitate change management process.
- Manage communication process with owner, design team and subcontractors; this includes scheduled project meetings.
- Coordinate/communicate with code officials.
- Close out all subcontractor/vendor accounts, lein waiver and warranty forms.
- Facilitate final project walk-through with ownership/client and Fourth Elm Construction field staff.
- Coordinate production of close-out manuals (with office support).
Project Manager’s Tools:
- Company Vehicle Allowance.
- Laptop Computer.
- Cell Phone (and Wireless Card as needed).
- Company Fuel Card.
- Company Credit Card (as needed)
- DropBox Business Account for shared company files.
- Fourth Elm Construction Email Address.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the construction industry
- 4-year bachelors degree.
- Deep understanding of commercial construction, constructability and estimating.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills to resolve field issues with subcontractor, design team and/or owner.
- Strong decision making ability.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of building codes, regulations, standards, best practices and performance standards.
- OSHA 10 hour required.
- Sage 100 experience preferred.
To apply, send your resume to John Martin at [email protected]