Accounts Payable Clerk
Duties & Responsibilities
• Processing construction project-related subcontractor pay applications and other vendor invoices, including verification, coding, routing to approver(s) and preparing AP Payments.
• Verification of proper risk management procedures including lien waivers and certificates of insurance.
• Reconcile vendor billing against subcontract and purchase order audits as generated from Sage 100.
• Prepare invoices for routing in Sage Paperless; add coding, pay applications verify contract documents have been received signed subcontracts/pos, certificate of insurance, required waivers, proof payment amounts prior to routing to Project Managers for approval.
• Prioritize invoices for fast-track approvals for vendors such as public utilities and insurance agencies.
• Audit and process credit card invoices, including matching all receipts and charges for job costing and routing.
• Maintain & Track Sage Paperless for unprocessed, rejected, and approved invoices.
• Verify Notice of Contract for lower tier payment reporting, update spreadsheet and notify suppliers five days after payment release to the subcontractor.
• Respond to all vendor inquiries timely and assist as needed.
• Reconcile vendor statements, including research and correcting discrepancies.
• Assist in month end closing.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
• Sort and distribute incoming mail. Stamp all mail with received date.
• Maintain invoices email for incoming invoices to process.
• 1099 maintenance
• Assist with other projects as needed.
Project Management Support
• Setup Temporary Utility Accounts
• Organize FEC Project Utility Summary Report
• Create Blanket PO for temp labor, toilets, dumpsters, etc.
• Materials Tracking Assistance (Monitor Submittal Log)
• Material Orders
• Utility Transfer and Follow Up
408 E Mountain Street, Kernersville, NC 27284 www.fourthelm.com
• Create Utility Summary Reports
• Obtain project close-out documentation
• Retainage Release after proper documentation is obtained.
• Preparing and sending vendor purchase orders and subcontracts
• 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
• High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
• Must have a strong work ethic and ability to perform in a high paced environment.
• Must be well organized and a self-starter
• Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
• Must have a knowledge of AIA pay applications for commercial construction billing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
• Proficient in Excel and Word
• Experience with Sage 100 or other Sage accounting software preferred.
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principal knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division quickly and accurately
• Construction industry experience preferred
• Shows initiative, creativity, flexibility, and sense of urgency
• Independent worker comfortable making decisions
• Personable, friendly, and welcoming
• Professional, motivated self-starter who works well in a dynamic, team environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
• Person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively with other employees.
• Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
To apply, send your resume to [email protected]